Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC1805 - Heart Nebula in SHO

Spongey

This is my rendition of the Heart Nebula in SHO, with RGB stars.

This one has been a work in progress for a while, as the weather hasn't been very co-operative. I finally got a couple of new moon clear nights to sink into Sii and Oiii, and this is the result.

The palette is a modified version of that found in this tutorial.

Full details can be found on Astrobin.

IC1805.thumb.jpg.b325fa3af68c42b25f449a3a1a0626c7.jpg

CC welcome!

• Like 22

2 hours ago, Sp@ce_d said:

This is great.. nice processing.. love the palette. Looks great at full res on AB! I take it this is with the APM? Don't see it mentioned on the Tech Card.

Thank you! Yes this is with the APM, missed that one off the tech card but now updated, thanks for spotting it :)

• Like 1

Very, very nice indeed! And holds up extremely well when viewed at 100%. 

When you say RGB stars, do you mean you use Ha stars for Lum and then colourise them with the RGB subs, or do you not use the Ha stars at all and just use the RGB stars in full? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Xiga said:

Very, very nice indeed! And holds up extremely well when viewed at 100%. 

When you say RGB stars, do you mean you use Ha stars for Lum and then colourise them with the RGB subs, or do you not use the Ha stars at all and just use the RGB stars in full? 

Yes, the luminance for stars is based on the super-lum integrated from the three narrowband channels.

Colour for the stars was brought in with a starmask using the colour calibrated RGB image. I did this using channel extraction / combination in CIE Lab mode.

Edited by Spongey
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Spongey said:

Yes, the luminance for stars is based on the super-lum integrated from the three narrowband channels.

Colour for the stars was brought in with a starmask using the colour calibrated RGB image. I did this using channel extraction / combination in CIE Lab mode.

Yeah that's how I would do it too. Cheers. Just thought I'd check, as I never seem to manage to get any RGB on my own NB images.