Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

AR2882 6-10-21

xtreemchaos

The last two morrnings ive got up and tryed to catch this AR and as soon as id power the rigg up the cloud had invaded, it did the same today but i just managed to get enough vid for a image.

kit starwave 102 f11, quark, asi120mc. 

ta for looking. clear skys. charl.

AR2882. not the best but im glad its not a merry go round with out getting on 😀.

315734423_ar28826-10-21.png.d0aa72513bb097485fbea9582316d4fd.png

• Like 10

Nowt really wrong with that one!

I'm definitely deciding this year has been the worse for some years, for solar imaging! If the scope is ready, something else goes wrong, if all the stuff is ready the clouds/rain roll in! I don't even think I can count 5 occasions when it's been a good day (or morning) here in the NE.

• Like 1

thanks Geoff, you are morethan kind mate. yes this years been bad and last year was near the same with just a few days a month, 2019 was my best year with 247 days where i got pics and 211 in 2018. im hoping it pick up this winter with some nice frosty mornings i tend to get my best shots when the frost is about. hope your weather improves. charl.

• Like 1

So that's what what the spot was supposed to look like? Nice capture!  :thumbsup:

The teasing sun had me all set up after lunch.
The seeing was such mush I couldn't focus properly.
Then SharpCap said my storage was full.
So I deleted 200Gb of old captures.
By which time the sky was solid, grey concrete.

"Get a nice retirement hobby," they said.
"Go over to the Light Side."
"Sunbathe, while you capture living images of the sun."
Yeah, right! 🤣

• Like 2

thanks Rusty, yes its a very good up and down hobby "more like sport when imaging" but i see it as a bit of a + addiction i get down a bit over them sunless days but when a good day comes along it morethan makes up for it " wink". charl.

I suppose with better conditions you've have pulled out even more detail Charl but it looks lovely to me.

I must confess that I don't miss battling the clouds! I hope FLO get the Zarkov cloud gun back in stock soon.

• Like 1