SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SaturnV : scale 1:33 (3D-Printed)

Chriske

We'll also planning using model workers busy doing different tasks.
These figures are very hard to get at scale 1:33
So I've downloaded different figures from the net to print them myself.

They're only 55mm high so lots of detail will be lost printing these with a 0.4mm nozzle, even using 0.1mm layer height.

1644062132357.png

• 3 months later...

Launchplatform installed, spots included and first parts of the LUT. From now on every other day we will install more parts.
To make things easy during assembly I installed a hinge at the bottom of the LUT. So when adding parts we tilt LUT to horizontal position and reposition afterwards. When LUT is complete we will secure it with a thick bolt to the launchplatform. The lower-frontpart of LUT is removed to make room for the tilting of LUT. When all is done that frontpart will be re-installed to make it complete again.
The elevator part is not complete. Now it is 'just' 2.5m high.
Meanwhile SaturnV is busy 'growing' on my printerplatforms...😃

SV.png.aa6223fbe74f09476b2b5b101ba180fd.png

Edited by Chriske
  • Like 4

My son has a PrusaMini and wants to print these workers I mentioned higher up in this thread.
When slicing he gets a very strange result, the Prusa Slicer decapitates the figures(not all). Even after a repair in the P-Slicer itself.
Slic3r does the same job perfectly.

What's wrong here...?

PS3D-W5.png.633750fff0f9a303a4707db05188fbb6.png

PSPV-W5.png.c443d399895d77815678a34a3f73f6f8.png

Slic3r3D-W5.png.0dc4d6dc7b7c0e634e81f2ae7fe8a1e7.png

Slic3rPV-W5.png.5932bbc61ab6826a6f315ba6ea903c41.png

In such a case I print the man upside down, to avoid using support. Because of the very delicate parts(fingers) these parts break while removing the support. I add a small disk, 1mm high to secure it's head firmly to the buildplate. Afterwards I cut it off and file to smooth the helmet.

While printing its head is embedded in that small disk.

skirt 30x1.stl

From now on we will be adding parts every other day or so, depending how fast we can 'deliver'.
Next a crane will be added. There was non we know but we thought it would be fun to go this way.  Especially for the many children visiting our local observatory.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...