NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Weird white vignetting from using WBPP in Pixinsight

Hi,

So in Pixinsight I tried out using WBPP, i put my lights, darks, flats and flat darks through the script and the attach image came out with this white vignetting.  I've never used WBPP before so wouldn't know the first place to look in the settings to fix this.  I'm gonna hazard a guess and say it's something to do with my flats.  I use a redcat and 183 mc pro astro camera. 

Any help appreciated. 

vigetting ussie.png

Edited by Sidecontrol

• Astro_mark_c changed the title to Weird white vignetting from using WBPP in Pixinsight
  • 2 weeks later...

I use WBPP all the time and have never had this. This could be due to your flats if not property exposed, but also I am seeing 300s subs here did you have a filter? Where was the moon and age that could be to blame here

Edited by Simon Pepper

On 02/10/2021 at 14:00, Sidecontrol said:

Hi,

So in Pixinsight I tried out using WBPP, i put my lights, darks, flats and flat darks through the script and the attach image came out with this white vignetting.  I've never used WBPP before so wouldn't know the first place to look in the settings to fix this.  I'm gonna hazard a guess and say it's something to do with my flats.  I use a redcat and 183 mc pro astro camera. 

Any help appreciated. 

vigetting ussie.png

Looks like inverse vignetting to me. Caused by flats over correcting - how did you take the flats?

• 3 weeks later...