Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

stargazer from grimsby

mastodon

hi everyone.i'm new to the amateur astronomy game.had my telescope (skywatcher explore 130 autotrak) for a week now.still not managed to get out yet due to the clouds.been cloud obsessed for the last week and constantly looking at the sky.not a good idea when driving but hard to stop yourself! anyway hope to get out soon to see for myself what everyoe on this great forum is going on about.

thanks for the warm wlcome.anyway it must have been something i said bcause within half an hour of writing my post the clouds cleared and i was out armed with stellarium on my laptop and a pair of 10x50 binos under a crystal clear night sky.after finding the orion nebular i set up my telescope and had a good look.i had a great view of venus and the orion nebular then set my sights on finding the andromida galaxy.using stellarium i eventually found it but within seconds before i had chance to change my eye piece the cloud roled in again DOH! all in all a great half an hour and very exciting i even persuaded the wife to come out and have a look.can't wait for some warmer weather though.

Hi Mastodon, I'm new to this forum too - joined a few days ago. Already had loads of help and advice off this great bunch, they are brilliant! I should be getting the same scope as you in the next month, glad you managed to try it out - the cloud is relentless here.

Welcome to SGL :lol:

Amanda

Archived