Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Removing lens from ASI224 MC

Harshn

2 minutes ago, Craney said:

I thought it just screwed out  as a block  ...  Like this.

ASI224MC (color) | ZWO ASI

Are there two holes ??     Could you use a pin spanner on them  if greater than finger tight ??

I have the 120mc, which is the same. There aren't two holes, so it isn't easy to use a tool.

Grasping the barrel below the lens focus ring bit does it for me - @Craney's picture shows you what you're trying to achieve. 

Hi, I logged in to post the same question..

I know what i'm trying to acheive and i can unscrew and remove the lens exposing the sensor, but the other piece (i think this is the CS adapter according to instructions) is still screwed in. It doesnt screw out as a block? There are two holes as in OP's picture but I don't want to damage it. use a pin spanner or other tool on these holes as suggested?

Hi the all sky lens should just unscrew no tool needed , if you can't grip it try a small piece of rubber inner tube to give you more grip but it should not be that tight 

The small screw is to lock the focus of the all sky lens , never screw the focus part of the lens in all the way it will damage the glass in front of the sensor

Edited by Neil H