Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn 22 August 2021 - at last!

Stub Mandrel

Your out there trying. Just need good conditions. Result looks like seeing related. Cant do better than seeing will allow. Some banding coming through and the polar hood. Possibly blurred portions of the hex ? 

Edited by neil phillips

Nice image, loads of detail on the globe especially.

I got out myself briefly last night but when adjusting the ADC the image faded from the screen and I looked up to see thick cloud coverage, and that was that. 

At least I enjoyed a couple of minutes of nice visuals of Jupiter and a few moons at about 150x whilst aligning the scope. Seeing looked good. Pity!

On 23/08/2021 at 13:33, neil phillips said:

Your out there trying. Just need good conditions. Result looks like seeing related. Cant do better than seeing will allow. Some banding coming through and the polar hood. Possibly blurred portions of the hex ? 

I think the limit on resolution is mostly down to my scope, it's only 6" aperture, which give a theoretical resolution one 1 arc-0second, about 1/20th of the diameter. Stacking and drizzle improve that a bit, but I think I need at least an 11" scope to get much more.

1 minute ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I think the limit on resolution is mostly down to my scope, it's only 6" aperture, which give a theoretical resolution one 1 arc-0second, about 1/20th of the diameter. Stacking and drizzle improve that a bit, but I think I need at least an 11" scope to get much more.

Didnt see the scope. So yes of course your right. Considering the size. Even better result than i thought

• Like 1