Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter July 8th IR685 Added

Got a few to go through. But this has come out quite well,

Orion 245mm Newt. EQ5 Mount. QHY 462C camera. GSO 3X ED Barlow 

Not sure why but oversampling can sometimes look really good. separation or something 

100%

01:51 UT

jupiter 8th july.png 2.png

IR685

SAT JULY 8TH.png 75.png 90.png b.png 85.png r.png

IR685 01:28 UT

02_28_22_pipp_lapl5_ap56.tif r.png

02_28_22_pipp_lapl5_ap56 (2).png t.png 90.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, MarkRadice said:

Thats come out really well! You’re obviously having clear skies - fingers crossed the weather improves soon. 

Cheers Mark. Saw it on the weather cloud expected at 4. But of course its getting earlier now. So setup up the Orion. Shooting in darkness has clearly increased quality hasnt it. Quite pleased with the fineness of detail coming out now

Thats a excellent image of Jupiter Neil loads of detail to peruse in this one. Regarding oversampling it is said the general rule is 5x per pixel max. But it as been argued that 7x is more realistic with todays equipment? It is what works best for you.

1 hour ago, CraigT82 said:

Very nice Neil, darkness is really helping things, didn't realise there would be that much difference.  Looks like a bit of colour in Saturn was it LRGB or is it just my eyes? 

Thanks Craig It was the 462c. I processed it like a colour image. I then normally convert to greyscale. But i thought it looked good. So yes there is colour in it. Bit unorthodox i know.

1 hour ago, morimarty said:

Thats a excellent image of Jupiter Neil loads of detail to peruse in this one. Regarding oversampling it is said the general rule is 5x per pixel max. But it as been argued that 7x is more realistic with todays equipment? It is what works best for you.

Totally agree i got some with my Celestron 2x (japan) ultima barlow.  But the GSO 3X ED (china) seemed to just reveal layers of extra detail. Separation perhaps ?

Or a optical difference ? But the Ultima is no slouch. So i am most certainly going to do it again

Cheers Martyn

• neil phillips changed the title to Jupiter July 8th IR685 Added