Geoptik Nadira observing seat

F15Rules

I've used this very good Nadira observing chair for almost 3 years now, and am very pleased with it.

The only gripe I've ever had with it is the size of the actual seat platform on which I sit..I find it rather small for comfort during longer observing sessions..(I'm not particularly huge, 6' tall and just over 14 stone).

During a recent over-the-gate chat with a friend of my wife's husband the subject of the chair came up, and he offered to look at the chair with a view to adapting the seat to have a larger "bum" area๐Ÿ˜.

So I took the seat down to his house for him to look at and left it with him. This morning I called down to pick the chair up and I have to say I'm chuffed with the results.. here's the seat before the modification..

IMG_20210524_141346644_HDR.jpg

...and afterwards..

IMG_20210524_141404149_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210524_141359486.jpg

Below you can see how the new "overseat" fits in place. The 4 drilled holes will allow me to permanently screw the new top seat to the smaller original seat underneath if I want to. Otherwise, it just slides into place on top of the original.

I can now use a cushion for additional comfort, and I can also still sit "astride" the seat (as when mounted on a horse) with the seat turned through 180degrees..a position that can be very comfortable, believe it or not!๐Ÿ˜.

My neighbour wouldn't take anything for doing this mod for me, so he is instead now in possession of a very quaffable bottle of French Red๐Ÿท๐Ÿ˜Š.

Dave

IMG_20210524_141442501_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210524_141411872_HDR.jpg

Edited by F15Rules
Typo
  • Like 7

59 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

I've used this very good Nadira observing chair for almost 3 years now, and am very pleased with it.

The only gripe I've ever had with it is the size of the actual seat platform on which I sit..I find it rather small for comfort during longer observing sessions..(I'm not particularly huge, 6' tall and just over 14 stone).

During a recent over-the-gate chat with a friend of my wife's husband the subject of the chair came up, and he offered to look at the chair with a view to adapting the seat to have a larger "bum" area๐Ÿ˜.

So I took the seat down to his house for him to look at and left it with him. This morning I called down to pick the chair up and I have to say I'm chuffed with the results.. here's the seat before the modification..

IMG_20210524_141346644_HDR.jpg

...and afterwards..

IMG_20210524_141404149_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210524_141359486.jpg

Below you can see how the new "overseat" fits in place. The 4 drilled holes will allow me to permanently screw the new top seat to the smaller original seat underneath if I want to. Otherwise, it just slides into place on top of the original.

I can now use a cushion for additional comfort, and I can also still sit "astride" the seat (as when mounted on a horse) with the seat turned through 180degrees..a position that can be very comfortable, believe it or not!๐Ÿ˜.

My neighbour wouldn't take anything for doing this mod for me, so he is instead now in possession of a very quaffable bottle of French Red๐Ÿท๐Ÿ˜Š.

Dave

IMG_20210524_141442501_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210524_141411872_HDR.jpg

Crikey, those love handles taking on a life of their own, Dave?
742C2363-2CD3-4200-9F08-234E3221A55D.jpeg.09ee5daf94979d6775686e55e5ce110b.jpeg

ย 

• Haha 3

Nice job Dave! Good that it hasnโ€™t actually affected the original seat, quite a neat way of doing it.

Looks like it would adequately support even my not inconsiderable backside! ๐Ÿคฃ

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, F15Rules said:

Since your original revelation about using the chair back to front, I've now converted to doing that whenever I use it.

ย Because our lawn is not a that level, I always found the Nadira chair to be a bit narrow at the base and have ended up on the floor more than once due to knocking it over.

Sitting astride it is a much better solution for me, all I need now is some padding on it as my backside isn't nearly as well padded as it was a year ago.

Edited by AdeKing
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Stu said:

Why do I have aย picture of @F15Rulesย and @AdeKingย racing each other around the garden, astride their Nadira observing chairs?

An overactive imagination @Stu.

5 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Would this make a good observing chair then? ๐Ÿค” ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

BA7E9D3C-B737-4D2B-BA5D-4CBDF5F84778.jpeg

Absolutely @johninderbyย looks good to me.

5 minutes ago, Stu said:

So long as neither of them attempt an impression of Christine Keeler I can sleep easy tonight.

You've lost me there @Stu

3 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Funny, I was just thinking of that image ๐Ÿ˜Š

So have you @JeremyS

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

A675B625-F593-4C8A-80F3-E29D33BA0176.jpeg.9bdcf082e59b311372ca93f1c6217bd2.jpeg

Now Iโ€™m definitely not going to sleep easy!

What did they used to say on Crimewatch.... Donโ€™t have nightmares, do sleep well! Not likely now ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

A675B625-F593-4C8A-80F3-E29D33BA0176.jpeg.9bdcf082e59b311372ca93f1c6217bd2.jpeg

Oh dear, now you've scared me, I don't want my imagination to anything else Possum.

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

Youโ€™ll have to Google the original Ade, but I think Jeremyโ€™s post should cover it!

I think @JeremyS has done enough already.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, johninderby said:

I love how these threads go so off topic. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

It's probably my fault, as "chair-man" of this particular thread??:)

Dave

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Itโ€™s certainly Nothing to do with me

Or him:

FDE82D42-B07E-4FE1-B9CE-907BEB563975.png.a15238bd17dfea2b02f5e4ef838ecd0a.png

Remember the quote from Mission Impossible. ๐Ÿ˜

Should you or any member of your IM Force be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actionโ€ย 

• Like 1