Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What coma corrector for Skywatcher 200P?

31 minutes ago, ddm4313 said:

Looking to get a coma corrector, but not sure which, there is this one https://www.firstlightoptics.com/coma-correctors/skywatcher-coma-corrector.html and have seen good reviews about it 

That's the one I use, does the job perfectly well for my 250pds. It's not been in stock for a long time but they come up second hand every now and then.  

Edit - I've never experienced any reflection issues or indeed any other issues. Bought second had for £105 couple of moths ago.  

Edited by AbsolutelyN

I have one of those. I bought it in Oct 2012 for £97. There’s inflation for yer! :) I’ve used it once on my 200p. It works optically but I tended to get quite a few annoying reflections from very bright stars. In the end I stopped using it and now either put up with a bit of coma or crop the worst of it out. I suppose I should have taken up the issue with FLO but I just assumed it was par for the course and best used with fainter objects. That was probably a mistake in retrospect. 

By contrast I use a different coma corrector on my little SW ED80 all the time. It works a treat. No reflections etc.