NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Is there any where i can buy a small tin of paint to touch up my Scope.

Taff

Hi the other night a gust of wind blew my scope over and scratch my scope. Do anyone  know where i can buy a small tin of paint for scopes' so i can touch up my scope, Thanks for reading. Mark

Thanks to everyone for your help. There are so many shades of paint, what i was thinking is to take a photo of my tube colour  with a phone and to find a Model Shop which sell paint. Mark

15 hours ago, Taff said:

Thanks to everyone for your help. There are so many shades of paint, what i was thinking is to take a photo of my tube colour  with a phone and to find a Model Shop which sell paint. Mark

Unfortunately a photograph will not work. There usually is no direct correlation between screen colours and the actual item. Every screen has some sort of colour cast unless it is calibrated. Colour charts are also mostly a waste of time.

I find the best method, is to buy a few different shades  and mix by eye to get the correct shade for any repair job. Mix up  a wee bit more paint than you really need for the job and save in a spare closed pot. When touching up use the smallest brush and just dab almost tiny almost imperceptible spots of paint one at a time in the area until the area is covered. Take your time or it will show up as a repair. After drying paints also tend to change colour over time as they age. If the colour when dry is slightly off you can either lighten it or darken it by adding the appropriate colour to the repair mix.

• Like 2