NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What is going on with Altair Astro?!

Chris-h

I don't know if this is the right place to post, so feel free to move it to the correct forum.

So I ordered my new Coronado Blocking filter on Feb 19th, and it was listed as Dispatched on the 22nd. Cool! It usually only takes me a couple of days to get things from them, but this time nothing happened. So I looked up the tracking number, and the shipper says they are still waiting to receive it!

Mkay... So I tried contacting Altair through my order page. No response. Then I tried contacting them through their "Contact us" page. No reply! Tried calling them. No one answers the phone!!!

It's now been 3 weeks, and I'm starting to get a little annoyed!

Has anyone else had any problem with them lately?

- Chris

Mm not so nice.  Although I recognize that behaviour a bit from my own doing when orders are too time-consuming.  I mean the not being able to reply.  Scrolling through the most urgent and replying them first.  But removing a customers question/complaint...dont know why one would do that.    If something is really wrong with AA you should have heard it more than just this one incident i guess.  Do you know that Windows card-game?

CE1D9A51-095B-4276-B55F-21FECE969989.jpeg

Lol trust me, I have plenty of patience. All I want is a simple answer, when does it come back in stock. If I have to wait another two weeks, no problem. If I have to wait another two months, then that's another story all together!

I’ve had that. Instant dispatch notice but weeks till dispatch. I was told it would be weeks though to be fair. 
I have always had a reply within 24 hours on their web messenger so I would call that pretty responsive. 

hope you get resolved. 

i have read a few threads in the past to do with responses from AA echoing your response i would simply cancel your order and take your business else where ,customer service is paramount these days if a business cant respond to a simple call /email regarding your order but are quick to take your funds then they dont deserve your custom .

• Like 2

I’m not sure direct customer service is AA’s strong point! They seem to be very focused on new product development and such like. When I bought my AA 102EDR I ordered through HarrisonTelescopes as I thought I would get better customer service and I was not disappointed.