Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Volcano Nebula IFN animation

gorann

@Knight of Clear Skies just did this animation of from two images I made. One stretched to mimic what this area looks like in a small aperture scope with relatively short integration time, and then the RASA 8 image I posted yeterday. You find the info on that image here:

And here is the animation showing IFN appearing - rather cool I think😁

• Like 18

2 hours ago, vlaiv said:

Yep, very cool!

2 hours ago, jetstream said:

This is great, I see IFN similar to the 3 second mark but not near M81 area unfortunately.Mostly an edge is seen but can be followed.

Thank you both! And thanks to @Knight of Clear Skies for making the MP4. I have now managed to make a lower resolution gif of it using a site I found on the web, https://ezgif.com/maker

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smr said:

Very cool, and original!

4 hours ago, MartinB said:

I like that!  I looks like an image taken as the moon sets!

1 hour ago, peter shah said:

a superb animation

Thanks a lot guys! Cool it is so thanks @Knight of Clear Skies for putting the MP4 together.

21 hours ago, gorann said:

Thanks a lot guys! Cool it is so thanks @Knight of Clear Skies for putting the MP4 together.

Glad I could help. I think there is quite a lot of scope to use animations to present astronomical images, whether it's different stretches of data or to compare different channels to show structures. Your two base images worked well together, I like the way the brighter stars and galaxies stay fairly constant while the IFN fades in.

• Like 1