NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Rosette Hargb

Allinthehead

Had a very narrow window on Sunday night to add a couple of hours rgb to the Ha I gathered about 4 weeks ago.

80*120 second subs at gain 0

32*300 second Ha with an Antlia 3nm gain 100

5.3 hours total.

Processed in PI, APP and PS.

Asi 2600mc through a Takahashi Epsilon 160, mounted on an AzEq6.

Richard.

1913051450_Finalcopy.thumb.jpg.5e0b1180a1e77d36814389e37798126f.jpg

• Like 31

20 minutes ago, geeklee said:

Just echoing my comments on Astrobin, but sensational as usual Richard.  Apart from the obvious depth and detail with such a relatively short integration the stars are what makes my jaw drop.

Thanks again Lee, would've liked to get at least double the time on this but it's out of reach for me now for this season.

A little tip for the stars, since they were so small with the 3nm ha filter you can select the ha stars and paste them as a layer in PS changing the blend mode to luminosity, adjusting opacity to taste. This has the added bonus of increasing the colour of them too.

• Thanks 1

On 10/03/2021 at 17:07, Allinthehead said:

Had a very narrow window on Sunday night to add a couple of hours rgb to the Ha I gathered about 4 weeks ago.

80*120 second subs at gain 0

32*300 second Ha with an Antlia 3nm gain 100

5.3 hours total.

Processed in PI, APP and PS.

Asi 2600mc through a Takahashi Epsilon 160, mounted on an AzEq6.

Richard.

1913051450_Finalcopy.thumb.jpg.5e0b1180a1e77d36814389e37798126f.jpg

Beautiful, Richard. 

I'm so used to seeing this in pure NB, that you forget how good it looks when broadband data is included too. Interesting too, how the RHS seems to be more densely populated with stars than the LHS. I've never noticed that before. 

What is this weird red colour, isn't the Rosette blue and gold 🙄.  I think HaRGB is much trickier than full narrowband and you have done a beautiful job Richard, it is so easy on the eye, great to zoom in and pick out the detail.

18 hours ago, Xiga said:

Beautiful, Richard. 

I'm so used to seeing this in pure NB, that you forget how good it looks when broadband data is included too. Interesting too, how the RHS seems to be more densely populated with stars than the LHS. I've never noticed that before. 

Thanks Ciarán, appreciate that. It could really have done with more rgb but given the conditions here lately it will do nicely. Just happy to get some clear sky. 

Ref the stars on the right, I had noticed that too and like you I don't remember noticing before.

8 hours ago, MartinB said:

What is this weird red colour, isn't the Rosette blue and gold 🙄.  I think HaRGB is much trickier than full narrowband and you have done a beautiful job Richard, it is so easy on the eye, great to zoom in and pick out the detail.

Yes, strange pink/red tones🙂 the stars did dominate the field but with the many tricks I've learned here from people generous enough to share, I think the nebula still shines. Appreciate the comment.

On 15/03/2021 at 01:40, AndysAstroPix said:

Nice sharp Rosette with natural star colours. You've blended the Ha in well. 👍

Not sure which method you used but FWIW this one is my go to for HaRGB.

Cheers
Andy

Hi Andy, Thanks. I used this method http://bf-astro.com/tutorial/addHa.htm.

I'll try out your method for comparison👍

• Like 1