Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Clouds are the devil.....!

Hi all,

So - on a quick trip to the garage to put something away this evening I noticed the sky was 'very' clear.  I promptly set-up my scope, let it cool down , PA'd, started guiding and.......thick clouds came over and ruined everything! 😩

Ive got the hump now.....! 😁😂

Just now, Jonny_H said:

Hi all,

So - on a quick trip to the garage to put something away this evening I noticed the sky was 'very' clear.  I promptly set-up my scope, let it cool down , PA'd, started guiding and.......thick clouds came over and ruined everything! 😩

Ive got the hump now.....! 😁😂

I know how you feel...I don't even bother unless I have a decent forecast these days

1 minute ago, smashing said:

I know how you feel...I don't even bother unless I have a decent forecast these days

I think i just got over excited as I wasn't expecting to see a crystal clear sky. I should have known better!

I definitely know that feeling.  I had a 6 hour clear sky forecasted the other night and imaged enough cloud on 95% of the lights to make me wish I hadn't bothered. 

I also setup tonight with the forecast being clear and the first 3 hours were cloud.  However, I am now imaging crisp skies, so perhaps they are on the way to you. 

Oh the number of times I've just got everything set up only for clouds to roll in. They usually clear just as I have given up for the night and packed everything up too.

Ditto a perfectly clear night only to do something stupid like forgetting to press start on a sequence...

3 minutes ago, dannybgoode said:

Oh the number of times I've just got everything set up only for clouds to roll in. They usually clear just as I have given up for the night and packed everything up too.

Ditto a perfectly clear night only to do something stupid like forgetting to press start on a sequence...

😂 same with me. Its like mother nature is mocking us!

Oh well...onwards and upwards. No one said this hobby was easy! 😉

16 hours ago, Jonny_H said:

promptly

I think I can see your error. Common mistake. It's all in the adverb.

Garage you say? OK, so clean the car's windscreen. Now take out the mount as if it's getting in the way of the cleaning. Return to the car and clean some more.

Now, and this is where you went wrong, casually place the telescope on the mount. 

The clouds would be none the wiser. Works every time.

HTH.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, alacant said:

I think I can see your error. Common mistake. It's all in the adverb.

Garage you say? OK, so clean the car's windscreen. Now take out the mount as if it's getting in the way of the cleaning. Return to the car and clean some more.

Now, and this is where you went wrong, casually place the telescope on the mount. 

The clouds would be none the wiser. Works every time.

HTH.

Cleaning the car ? Cleaning the car ???

An activity just as likely to cause rain clouds as getting the telescope out is !

I suggest putting away or carefully covering all garden furniture , taking in the washing, and buying an expensive new waterproof jacket online .

Should be dry and clear for days ...  :evil4:

• Haha 2