NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Which Electronic Focuser

Hi,

I'm looking to add an electronic focuser to my imaging gear. I'm looking at both the Pegasus FocusCube v2, ZWO EAF and the PrimaLuce Lab Sesto Senso V2. I'll be pairing with my William Optics Z73 Refractor.

Just wondering if anyone has either of these and what are your thoughts/recommendations. 

Edited by smr

• 1 month later...

I have the ZWO EAF on my WO GT-81 using Astroberry to control. Works fine.  Just needed to sort out which screw positions to use under the focus tube. See 

for some info from Andy on this. Your Z73 may be similar.

I’ve just got a Pegasus FocusCube v2 and it’s a lovely thing. Very well made and will fit just about any focuser. Worked straightaway with Astroberry/EKOS too. Not had chance to test it in anger but very happy with my choice.

The hand controller is a nice addition. Can see that getting plenty of use when I’m using high powered eye pieces or lunar imaging with my frac. 

On 11/02/2021 at 04:19, smr said:

Hi,

I'm looking to add an electronic focuser to my imaging gear. I'm looking at both the Pegasus FocusCube v2, ZWO EAF and the PrimaLuce Lab Sesto Senso V2. I'll be pairing with my William Optics Z73 Refractor.

Just wondering if anyone has either of these and what are your thoughts/recommendations. 

I’ve owned and used all those mentioned on different scopes and like the sesto senso 2 the best, then the focuscube then the eaf last. Sesto is easy to install and use, very accurate reproducible focus curves, no bracket making for a more “elegant” design, unclutches for manual focus when not powered - it’s just a great focuser. Focuscube is also great and super accurate, but I don’t like the bracket, not just because it makes it look less nice, but it can be awkward to mount on certain scopes i.e. 130pds. Eaf is ok, I owned and used two of these on scopes and lenses, they’re ok, not a big fan, wouldn’t really buy it again. 

hope this helps!

12 minutes ago, wigggyy said:

I have one of Pavle's autofocusers (the AF2 if I remember correctly) & its brilliant.  Dramatically improved the quality & convenience of my imaging.  If I ever decide to get an autofocuser for my widefield frac, it'll be another DSD.