Jump to content



  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

134 Excellent

About mAnKiNd

  • Rank

Contact Methods

  • Website URL

Profile Information

  • Location
    Long Island, NY

Recent Profile Visitors

1,096 profile views
  1. Finished another project https://www.astrobin.com/h9ifrz/?nc=collection&nce=1970
  2. Some context for my image above... clear skies and stay safe everyone!
  3. Dusted off the this little gem of a mirror for some galaxy imaging Full rez here: https://www.astrobin.com/ko36ot/0/
  4. Finished another one https://www.astrobin.com/0z23pq/
  5. @AstroFin Nice image! If you dither your every frame and then drizzle, you can halve your image scale and “go deeper” as you say without using a ZWO. I wouldn’t necessarily say going deeper has as much to do with image scale, as it does with integration time. In my case, just under 31 hours to get that deep signal. There’s also blinking out the bad frames and many post-processing skills involved to bring out that signal effectively. Having said that, yes, a cooled, lower noise sensor does help a lot! CS Minos
  6. Finished another project with this gem of a lens https://www.astrobin.com/celpsm/?nc=user
  7. What I wish I could see in the eyepiece https://www.astrobin.com/fu6fgr/
  8. you mean the bracket that comes with the Pegasus Focuscube?
  9. Cool the only two things to consider, is that you need to preset you aperture (I have mine at f4 for example) before you clamp on the ring. Also, the locking screw wont close the ring fully down, but has nevertheless been rock solid since the day I installed it without loosening up. HTH Minos
  10. Finished another project with this gem of a lens Full details in the link: https://www.astrobin.com/g569tc/?nc=user Cheers, Minos
  11. Hi Victor, the answer is yes, that's how I use it. HTH :) Minos
  12. Thanks! ...by following this thread that lead me to this: https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/astro-essentials-samyang-lens-to-m48-adapter.html
  13. Hello, first post in this thread. I've been following this thread for a while now and eventually built my own system around this lens, of which much information from here was super useful, so kind thanks to the community here for that. I've managed to complete a couple of projects over the past four months with it, and I'm supper happy with it's performance, ease of use and lightness. I have a Windows PC stick attached to the tripod so I can remote desktop into it and the whole rig is just a joy and a breeze to use! Thanks again everyone and hope you like the images. Any questions o
  14. Hi Steve, sorry I just saw your message and also for any confusion. I just measured the spare one I had (I printed two at the same tine and don’t want to disassemble the installed one) with digital calipers and the inside diameter is 121.5mm - so I stand corrected, not sure where I got 125mm, maybe I made a typo and missed the number one and decimal, or maybe I’ve been abducted by aliens one too many times lol In any case, at 121.5mm it completely mitigates flares, but feel free to experiment with larger inner diameters if you want to squeeze out as much aperture as possible Thanks
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.