Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New ASI2600 MC pro dark Frames

mackiedlm

Folks,

I have just recieved my new ASI2600 MC Pro and am buidling a dark frame library.

When I apply a very strong stretch to a master dark in APP it shows a distinct colour gradient left to right. Is this normal or is it an indication of an issue with the sensor/camera/method of taking dark frames?I have never seen this before on any dark frames.

JPG of a stretched masterdark G100/Offset50/-10C

MD_pi_60s_G100_O50_-10c-St.thumb.jpg.79f556224f81791b4b50a9df9846a1c4.jpg

Thanks for any help

49 minutes ago, mackiedlm said:

Folks,

I have just recieved my new ASI2600 MC Pro and am buidling a dark frame library.

When I apply a very strong stretch to a master dark in APP it shows a distinct colour gradient left to right. Is this normal or is it an indication of an issue with the sensor/camera/method of taking dark frames?I have never seen this before on any dark frames.

JPG of a stretched masterdark G100/Offset50/-10C

MD_pi_60s_G100_O50_-10c-St.thumb.jpg.79f556224f81791b4b50a9df9846a1c4.jpg

Thanks for any help

Can’t help except to add that I’ve observed this with my 2600MC also. I’ll be interested in the replies 👍🏻

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Can’t help except to add that I’ve observed this with my 2600MC also. I’ll be interested in the replies 👍🏻

12 minutes ago, kirkster501 said:

Mine too.  I am sure it is fine.

Thanks guys, that makes me feel less concerned. Adam, I saw your first light with yours and there was no obvious issue with calibration - it was a great image.

I just need to now wait for the compulsory post purchase clouds to clear and get some data.

Thanks again

David

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

This is my master dark, 30s, gain 100, offset 50, temp -10.

MD-IG_100.0-E30.0s-ASI_Camera_1_-6248x4176-RGB-30s-St.jpg

Thanks Adam, that looks exactly the same as mine. I got a reply from a Mod on the APP forum saying his is the same with no issue in final images and showing an image almost identical to ours. So seems like I'm just being paranoid!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mackiedlm said:

Thanks Adam, that looks exactly the same as mine. I got a reply from a Mod on the APP forum saying his is the same with no issue in final images and showing an image almost identical to ours. So seems like I'm just being paranoid!

It's a lot of money, so best to get concerns addressed!  But i'm now concerned I've got 3 hot pixels and you only have 2 😂

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Dinglem said:

@tooth_dr It should be a concern that's 50% more. 🤣

What if all your hot pixels are Red,  and none of Adam's are ??   That's a frightening percentage difference at red wavelengths. 

But... back to the original topic......  what is that stripey pattern caused by then ??   Very odd.

• Haha 1