SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M81-82 MOSAIC.

ollypenrice

Last night I finished M81 in the Meade 127 and added anonther 70 mins of Ha to M82. I then took an old widefield 81-82 from the Genesis, chopped out the bits I needed, and blended them all in the mighty Registar. There may be a better way but this way is easy and I don't end up diluting the quality of the two galaxies because only the fill-in bits come from the original widefield.

As for M81, I have never really liked it before but I found I got into it this time. The middle can end up as a series of flat ovals if you're not careful. Here I put opposite sigma curves into red and blue, boosting the low blue and the hight red.

I get a real buzz out of overcoming the smallness of the wonderful 285 chip using this method. Tonight I should finish the Triplet in the same way.

Shame to cut this down so much but here it is...

Oly

post-15040-133877353598_thumb.jpg

Real beaut Olly...

Expect a few Pm's for advice on your Regisatr techniques... if we ever get clear skies again...

I'll hopefully have a dual modded DSLR setup up and running in the next few weeks to try and produces imaegs like this... imaging through the 8" and Megrez 72 at the same time. whilsty beign autoguided by a thrid OTA......

Billy...

Brilliant Olly. Hope mine looks as nice!!

Whats the chances of a full res version being uploaded somewhere? Its a real shame to have the pic butchered by high compression, and i'd like this one as a keeper.

Cheers

TJ

Archived