NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Favourite eyepiece?

Dantooine

TV Ethos 17mm with my 12".

ok8.jpg

Somehow its 88x 100 deg wide AFOV window having a hypnotizing effect on me. Sometimes I'm just aimlessly wandering the Milky Way gas clouds with it for hours (even without NBs). It's giving me a lightspeed warping between stars sensation.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AlexK said:

TV Ethos 17mm with my 12".

ok8.jpg

Somehow its 88x 100 deg wide AFOV window having a hypnotizing effect on me. Sometimes I'm just aimlessly wandering the Milky Way gas clouds with it for hours (even without NBs). It's giving me a lightspeed warping between stars sensation.

With that size of scope, the 17..10..6mm set could be all you'd ever need.

But add a 30mm for the widest field and a 3.7mm for planetaries and Moon, and you have a complete set.  Filling in in between is likely not necessary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Don Pensack said:

With that size of scope, the 17..10..6mm set could be all you'd ever need.

But add a 30mm for the widest field and a 3.7mm for planetaries and Moon, and you have a complete set.  Filling in in between is likely not necessary.

Hey Don. I have the E3.7-SC already, and I bet you have already shipped the APM30 to me maybe just minutes ago :) So I will have almost exactly that set completed this week thanks to you, otherwise I would be saving for the TV N31 until summer and then for the Paracorr till next winter :D (click on the image to see my current collection with that 30mm already included).

On a side note, the E3.7-SC is an ultimate planetary EP for a Dob. It allows me to watch the planet transit from edge to edge for almost a minute with no distortions due to the field curvature and surely without shaking due to the manual guiding.

Edited by AlexK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stardaze said:

I was going to say that I've been using my APM 20 more recently and enjoying it again, then I see you're selling yours @Dantooine 😂

I’ve been naughty that’s why 😁

it’s a very good eyepiece.. but I’ve pushed the boat out even further. 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Dantooine said:

I’ve been naughty that’s why 😁

it’s a very good eyepiece.. but I’ve pushed the boat out even further. 

His loss is my gain, I've been meaning to try the APM eyepieces for months (after many recommendations), and I suspect he's got something rather special incoming to replace it🤔

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HollyHound said:

His loss is my gain, I've been meaning to try the APM eyepieces for months (after many recommendations), and I suspect he's got something rather special incoming to replace it🤔

Nagler 22 t4 😁

• Like 2