SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

ic405

alacant

Hi everyone

The last of the new moon images for this month. It's a bit on the pastel side of manley-wax-crayon colouring but you can see the difference between the reflection and the emission nebulae at least but I really hate when the foreground stars FWOABW  'push away' the nebulae, refractor style. I think I've traced it to a rather heavy hand on deconvolution... Still thinking.

Thanks for looking and please do feed back on stars, colouring or WHY.

700d @ ISO800

1240622235_1-405(1).thumb.jpg.3738d9c34a111cb374df8c03630d8d27.jpg

Edited by alacant
  • Like 16

Looks great to me. I'm still waiting for the clouds to clear here so I can image again, it's been cloudy for the last 3 or 4 weeks, and at least for the next week 😭 It will probably be clear for me on the full moon 🤪

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adam1234 said:

living in the UK 

Maybe there was a large stockpile of dodgy 72mm department store reflectors with wobbly tripods and high resolution colour pictures of Saturn on the box in a warehouse in Hull. A second had car dealer bought the lot and he's doing a roaring trade knocking 'em out a 300 quid a pop on the black market. Yeah, that must be it.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Adam1234 said:

We've got to blame it on something!

Sorry guys I stripped my rig down a few weeks back to add a  EAF and spacers for my back focus. Not seen the stars since.  

Nice image thou

• Like 1
  • Haha 2