Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Andromeda Panorama

astro_john_palmer

Since bad weather continues to hamper my efforts to finish this as a 9 panel mosaic, I decided to stitch it together as a 3 panel panorama.

Let me know what you think.

Andromeda_Pano.thumb.JPG.d2ee4d53bb7da47fca65331f8c64f903.JPG

Also thought I'd post my previous attempt at Andromeda to see the improvements I have made. Easy to forget where you started being the self critical creatures a lot of us probably are!

2031360849_7Andromeda3.thumb.JPG.05769f934ba565b1810ee699b9b8a863.JPG

• Like 18

12 minutes ago, Skipper Billy said:

Lovely image and you have come a long way!! 😉

Its personal preference but it looks very green on my (calibrated) monitor - My personal preference would be to dial the green back a bit.

Thanks Billy, appreciate the feedback. I have to say, I don't really trust my eyes or monitor so much for the colours. I usually balance the background using colour sampler in PS, which I hadn't done this time! The green was a little high, so I think I have neutralised that a bit better now.

M31 in Panavision, great result! I do agree with Billy, it looks a touch green on my monitor.

I share your frustration with the mosaic, I have stalled at halfway on a 12 panel version, and I have a new camera that I would love to put on the scope, but I am determined to finish it. Look out for the post, probably in January...:clouds1:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomato said:

M31 in Panavision, great result! I do agree with Billy, it looks a touch green on my monitor.

I share your frustration with the mosaic, I have stalled at halfway on a 12 panel version, and I have a new camera that I would love to put on the scope, but I am determined to finish it. Look out for the post, probably in January...:clouds1:

Tell me about it! At least I have a few less panels to worry about 🤣 only 6 more to go. I look forward to seeing your version make mine look like child's play! 😛