Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello all

nognuzzbutt

Hi, I'm Jason and live in Beds. ( the county ) I have had an interest in the night sky since being a small boy 30 something years ago now!

Looking to re discover whats above, I have dabbled everso slightly in the past... so my first step is to get some good advice by trawling what seems to be so far a great forum.

I will be looking for a fairly portable scope that will fit easily into the back of my coupe car. I want to use it at work ( a test track in befordshire that is 800 acres and in the middle of nowhere..pitch black at night ) Also want to use it at home with my seven year old son.

Second hand would be my first choice...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any replies in advance.

Nog.

Hi Jason.

Welcome to SGL, would suggest you think about a reasonable pair of quality bins, not to big, and a tripod to boot. This together star maps and such books as : Turn Left at Orion, will be a good way to involve the young Master Jason.

Have fun.

John.

Archived