Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EP20 - Sunday, 20th September 2020 7:30pm BST - A look around Pixinsight by Gary Palmer

Grant

It is a great pleasure to welcome back to SGL Gary Palmer of http://www.solarsystemimaging.co.uk/ to give us his talk: A look around Pixinsight.

Gary is a highly regarded solar and deep sky imager and one of the leading solar imagers in the world with images widely published in books, magazines and online. He is the author of many articles and reviews in various astronomy magazines and tv programmes and works closely, alongside many manufacturers to develop and test upcoming astronomy equipment. Gary also offers many workshops across the UK for groups and 1-to-1 via http://www.astrocourses.co.uk/ which some of you may have attended before.

We've already had some talks that touch upon Pixinsight but Gary is going to start more from the beginning and run through ways to keep it simple and look at some of the issues people might have using the software. He will be looking at the weighted batch pre-processor as well as a run through using some CMOS data from the new 2400MC camera from ZWO and some Crescent Nebula data from our latest release from the IKO observatory project.

Meeting details below:

Topic: EP20 - Sunday, 20th September 2020 7:30pm BST - A look around Pixinsight by Gary Palmer
Time: Sep 20, 2020 07:30 PM London

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/95544815757?pwd=MU9rd2JwOXRDWGU5dy9rcytwelNSZz09

Meeting ID: 955 4481 5757
Passcode: 630765

• Like 1

absolutlety marvellous... 
although just as you think you've cracked it along comes Gary P. with a few golden PI nuggets that will enhance things further... more homework though...  hardly touched the Guitar too busy making notes -  lol.

My head was still spinning when I went to bed. This wasn't so much a walk through as a gallop through. I suppose if you already knew your way around PI it made sense, but left me reeling.

We need a PI 101 for dummies, taking it slowly with repeats

Pixinsight analogy for me is akin to driving the car knobs, levers, buttons and things all over the place to get it working- but I'm confident they work for me so how they work I'm curious of but much of it I'll never understand  lift the car bonnet up have a look then put it straight back down ~ anyway stop the waffle - I took notes on Sunday and actually followed them on Monday worked really well...  a zoomed screen shot from Sunday night 10 X 360 S.Xpress 25C CCD / Tak, FSQDX 85

spacer.png