Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Milky Way over Moel Famau

Had a rare occurrence last night, a clear'ish night with no moon and no wind well apart from the sheep. First Milky Way shot this year I think and nicely placed too over Moel Famau, The highest hill in the Clwydian Range at approx 1820feet. taken from my back garden Moel famau is approx 4 miles away as the crow flies.

sky: 10 x 8 sec shots at iso3200 F3.5 @24mm stacked in Sequator.

foreground: 1 x 30 sec shot at iso3200 F8 merged and edited in photoshop.

I have another set at iso6400 so Im interested to compare the two images when its processed.

Andy

MWAY3200-2.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Andy R said:

It’s a nice walk up there and a great view from the top.

thanks

I have been up there years ago, but not at night. I imagine it's a great dark site, but I don't fancy hauling my 8 inch dob up there😉

15 minutes ago, maw lod qan said:

Very nice. Seeing the Milkway like that makes me day dream of how it must have been back in the days before electricity!

Do you think the great Astronomers back then had any idea what was coming?

I’ve been lucky and experienced Bortle 1 skies south of the equator and have to say it was an enlightening moment. But in answer to your question no I think they would of made Thomas  Edison disappear if they did lol. 

2 minutes ago, Daf1983 said:

I have been up there years ago, but not at night. I imagine it's a great dark site, but I don't fancy hauling my 8 inch dob up there😉

I’ve done imaging from the car park before, but you do get the usual car park boy racers unfortunately, but yeah I wouldn’t fancy walking up there with a dob lol.