Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The future of Clearoutside Weather

Does anyone know the future for Clearoutside weather site and app.

Can anyone suggest a site or app for UK cloud prediction that comes anywhere close to Clearoutside.

Apple have taken over Darsky and are killing off the API that Clearoutside uses.

I used to feed data to Wunderground and plan on rejoining but their forcasts cost money.

BBC has huge "wet bias".

I've bought the bits to make a cloud detector/alarm.

I love and use Clearoutside and if it goes I will miss it.

I use Meteoblue, both app and website, and found it very accurate. Also downloaded a paid for app the other day which has had very favourable reports. It is called Scope Nights.

Passed me by that news and suspect it will be integrated into iOS 14. I used the API for DarkSky a few times for app development.

I use AccuWeather, Meteoblue, MET Office and WeatherRadar along with ClearOutside. Between them all I can get an averaged outlook. Free weather APIs are increasingly hard to come by but I have used https://openweathermap.org/ in the past too and this still has a free tier. AccuWeather has it's own API but it's not free beyond the limited trial, https://developer.accuweather.com/