SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

I have seen some lovely images on this Comet, far better than I can do but I thought I would throw my penny in the bucket from this morning a little after 4am!
Almost painfull to drag myself out of a bed into a warm morning of clear starry skies without a breath of wind, to stand in splendid isolation in a rural environment with Comet Neowise making my jaw brush the floor. No idea it had got that good.

After some pictures and a look through the binos I just sat down in the field and realised I had Jupiter and Saturn behind me. The moon on my right shoulder and Venus rising in the east. Neowise is the giant cherry on the most amazing cake I ever took a bite of.

DSC_0028 (2).jpg

• Like 18

1 hour ago, Pete Presland said:

A beautiful scene, very nicely captured.

Thank you very much for your kind comments. I have to say that it was better to the naked eye, I actually swore out loud.

I am very fortunate to live in a rural setting but I was hoping a car would come along the road on the right and leave a trail.

It was well worth the early alarm call. If any off you are in doubt go and see it, you will not be disappointed.

Marv

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pete Presland said:

I drove out into the country twice on Saturday morning, either side of imaging the planets, what a stunning sight!!!

I was totally gob smacked that it looked that good. I sent the pic to my brother in Melbourne Australia and he thought I was pulling his leg! And so many people have done way better than me that is for sure.

For something like that it is worth the travel and I congratulate you on your commitment to this amazing addiction.

Ma v

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pete Presland said:

A beautiful scene, very nicely captured.

I just wanted to say to all those people new to astronomy and new to this site, my photo is a tripod mounted Nikon 3100 with kit 55-18 lense.

I used a cable operated shutter release. There is no special equipment or processing with the exception that I take my pictures in RAW format then convert to JPEG. The picture you see at the top of this thread is my JPEG copy.

In short, if this guy can do a basic shot you can too. Good luck and keep up the hard work. I will be looking out for your input.

Marvin

• Like 1

I think you underrate your photographic ability slightly, very nice image. I too found myself up a hill, imaging on my own, overlooking the River Dee and Merseyside when I noticed Venus, Mars, Saturn and Jupiter. I don’t think I seen 4 planets at the same time. The icing on the cake really. 

• Like 1