Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lunar X

jgs001

I thought I'd have a go at this, but wasn't sure where it was on the moon. However, as soon as I bought the moon to view in the 5mm Hyperion, it leapt up and grabbed me by the eyeball. I grabbed everything for a bash at webcamming it, but as I was being pestered by the kids, decided to just use the 450d. So..

600mm

IMG_0517.jpg

And closer 1200mm

IMG_0506.jpg

Then I decided to get silly... and threw in the Tal x2 barlow as well... I had to put the diagonal back in to get focus but..

2400mm

IMG_0507.jpg

Then I thought to myself, why not, what the hell and got utterly stoopid... and threw the Antares 5x barlow instead of the Tal :mrgreen:

6000mm (god focusing was hard, and I didn't nail it)

IMG_0514.jpg

It has just occurred to me that I could have got insanely stupid and stacked the x2 and x5 barlow with the 2xTC but I think I would have lost the plot and probably the moon with that combination.

These are all single exposures with the SLR, no stacking, processed in Aperture.

Archived