sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_3.thumb.jpg.30e9b298c34c80517e8b443ce153fce3.jpg

Essential reading for those who are thinking about getting into Astronomy !

On 22/01/2021 at 15:58, Tiny Clanger said:

Funnily enough I was looking at a book onย  my shelves which does exactly this : similar copies to my (old) version available second hand via amaz.ย  here

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Walk-through-Heavens-Constellations-Legends/dp/0521625130

It looks as if there is a prettier updated version too, the old one is illustrated only in black & blue, I imagine the new one may be colour (not checked tho)

I'd offer you my copy, but posting it would cost more than the second hand sellers are charging in totalย  !

Heather

Thanks, just nabbed 1 remaining copy Amazon had for me & my 11 yr old son who got his (our) first telescope at Xmas.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've recently come across this piece on the web written by Alan MacRobert from the well known and respected astronomy magazine Sky & Telescope. It is well worth a read if you are thinking of getti

An excellent interesting read! However, not wishing to hijack the thread, if you o back a page, you see this lot too! Sky Publishing Corporation - Guide to Backyard Astronomy Many thanks

Hi all I thought this is related to the subject of this thread but reading the thread I am not sure it is! Is there a section for recommended books for beginners? I have just started this amazing inte

Posted Images

On 07/12/2020 at 01:26, mikemarotta said:

Turn Left at Orion by Guy Consolmagno and Daniel Davies is highly recommended by others here on Stargazers Lou

Me too! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

My copy is dog eared, grass stained and annotated. The antithesis to coffee table books. No colour pictures just great finder views and starhops. Equipment part is short, maybe dated but sound. There is a website too. You could spend a lifetime with TLAO and some bins.ย 

• Like 1