Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ebay AP - be aware of fake items

Gorr_77

here we go:

On Fri, 24 Apr 2020 at 18:19, Pawn Sales
<info@pawn-sales.live> wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing this item at the price of US $1,900.00 (price includes shipping). The item is in perfect condition, this is a stock liquidation, I have closed my business (pawnshop) and I recently moved to Italy.

We will complete this sale using the Purchase Protection program from eBay, which will protect us in this transaction. There is also a 30 day return policy.

If you are ready to buy this item please provide me with your full shipping address & your full name, then you will be contacted by eBay with the eBay Invoice for your purchase.

Waiting you reply

Thanks!

On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 7:37 PM Greg <'''> wrote:
100% yes, this is unbelievable low price and chance for me to own item that I could only imagine... 
Ebay protection and paypal pay? Can you post few more pictures? Do you still have a warehouse in uk that is still open?
Can I pick up the item?
Greg

I came across one Ebay ad quite a while ago which was extremely cleverly worded.

Looking at the auction it looked like he was selling a brand new Canon with no reserve. Only when I dissected the description did I figure out he was actually selling a picture of the camera. 

Definite scam but worded so well that it didn't look like he was breaking any Ebay rules.

hahaha...nice one 

Maybe i should try to sell : "a picture" of the Jaguar XJR :)

good one

This morning our friend have emailed again:

Pawn Sales <info@pawn-sales.live>
To:me
Sat, 25 Apr at 02:03

I just submitted the offer through eBay. You should have received already your invoice by email.

Please let me know if you are able to complete the payment today.

Thanks

def...!!!!!

big dog.....? or small - it must  be the most painful experience....!!!

Have you seen the add?   .....so many bids - i hope that these are from members on forum who knows the fake add - so nobody will get hurt.... 

Hi Folks,

My first ever post! Finnish enough this item crossed my path about 4 weeks ago. IIRC it was listed on a Saturday, for a four day auction and was allegedly in Germany at the time. I put in a bid and was near instantly outbid when nobody else had bid before. That rang my alarm bells as a shill bidder. Funnily enough it had disappeared within 2 hours, but here it is again.

He has 100s of other listing on the same account. eBay are always very slow to respond. 

Edit: looks like they have been removed for now.

Edited by mert

A slew of these ads appear on e.bay from time to time. They stand out like a sore thumb if you are a regular used equipment browser. Info and photos culled from old adverts on Astromart. Always the highest end and rarest equipment and the possibility of a "bargain" price to grab attention. They use hacked e.bay accounts. Sad for the original owners of those accounts who have carefully built up good feedback over a long time.

I seriously doubt that e.bay have the manpower to vet each and every advert that is placed - there must be 1000's worldwide each day. The rely heavily on other users reporting the dodgy ones.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gorr_77 said:

very true...

I ve dropped an email to the actual user - they might stop this quicker than ebay....

If the account was compromised the scammer may have changed all the contact info. 

Hey Greg, the address he states is within 10km from my place! 

Tell him that you're interested and a friend of yours will pass by, pay cash and collect the item directly. 

Let's see how he reacts.