SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Tele Vue Apollo 11 Special Edition Eyepiece

6 hours ago, mikeDnight said:

Yes, I'm most definitely more of a Pantax fan than Televue. But like many things in this hobby, it really boils down to personal preferences and where our comfort zone lies.  Last night for example, I spent an hour and a half just sweeping around aimlessly. I was using my 17.5mm Morpheus for the first hour, but found as I tired, I struggled to keep my eye on axis, which caused blackout. I also became very aware after prolonged use, that i had to roll my eye around to see the full field. That's not so bad initially, but after an hour, it becomes tiresome and uncomfortable. After swapping the Morpheus for my 25mm Parks Gold and 18mm Celestron Ultima, the slightly narrower true field became much more comfortable to observe with (no eye rolling), and M81 & 82 would still both fit nicely into the field of view. Now I'm in yet another quandary - do I keep the 17.5mm Morpheus or sell it to free up funds???? :icon_scratch:

Add the additional eyeguard extender.  That will solve your problem.

• 2 years later...

That’s me thinking it’s the intended use to become a shelf queen! Considering it’s silly price, I for one, would dare not use it! I’m really carefull as it is with my eyepieces, imagine the explanitives in full voice if you were to drop it!

besides all that, wots the view like?

chaz

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, JeremyS said:

And just to prove it has actually been used (on arrival day), rather than being a collector’s item

Oh wow, that's a very impressive addition to your collection, I bet it's a great with your Taks 😀

Lovely to see it actually being used too... in the watch collecting world (which I also frequent), there are far too many "limited editions" that get bought as "investments" and never worn 😬 I only buy what I'm going to use/wear, so good on @JeremyS 👍

Oh and yes please... we all want an observing report as soon as the weather obliges 🤞

• Like 1