Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The long wait begins

I've received confirmation that Baader have kindly, (after a few emails) added my name to the list of people waiting to receive a Baader Travel Companion. 6-9 months was the time quoted, " the refractor is in high demand and gets produced only slowly, the optics is hand made here".

Thanks to Clem, @NGC007 for the extra info!

Not sure what to do with my 76mm Tak, the extra aperture (95) of the Baader with a similar focal length means I'll probably sell it. 

The skies have been so poor of late, that I think the way forward is with a portable scope that can be taken on trains / airline overhead lockers etc.

Chris

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Alan White said:

Nice quandry to have though Chris.
You clearly are a patient chap, 6-9 months wait. wow.

Thank you, I' feel I've waited that long already for a weekend of clear, moonless skies though 😉

Chris

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TerryMcK said:

The UK clouds may have cleared by then :)

I wish, but the forecasts / predictions I've seen show more unsettled weather, more humidity and clouds for the UK as a result of global warming...Love to be wrong, but I cannot remember when I last had a weekend of clear skies.

50 minutes ago, mikeDnight said:

Are you going all Baader on us Chris? I must say the 95 mm certainly looks a very nice scope, and 6 - 9 months is nothing really, when you consider what you'll have at the end of it.

Not quite, I'll still have my #BFS Altair 125 ED Doublet, but for quick grab and go sessions and travel friendliness, the Baader is more portable than the Tak. I was too late for the Tak Sky 90, and never head back from the USA re the (new) Stowaway, so thrilled to be allowed on the wait list.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John said:

Should be worth the wait I reckon Chris :thumbright:

Quick deployment, portable setups make so much sense if you are trying to pursue astronomy in the UK.

Thank you, I hope so, until our weather improves dramatically...

Chris