Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Heart Nebula ( a few re pops )

simmo39

I wanted to do another target but it was hidden behind trees so while i waited I thoght I woulg give the Heart ago it was only meant to be a practice shot as Im not realy a fan of this Nebula but after seeing the Ha subs I thought I would push on. High winds and the moon hasnt helped but after a few good nights Im close to calling it finished. 

Taken over a few night I got 60 x 240 Ha, 62 x 240 Oiii and finaly 25 (poor ) Sii again 240 sec.

Scope was my SW 72 ED. ( My fav scope at the moment! )

Hints, tips and pointers most welcome.

49418468451_8e95449fab_b.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Edited by simmo39
  • Like 9

22 minutes ago, toxic said:

nice image but just a bit green for me though.

Hi and thanks, I think my pooter screen doesnt help me as I get that comment a lot. I will see if I can adjust the green and see what goes.

Plenty of great detail there and I like the way to centre glows.  You've used the Hubble palate which, without heavy work in the processing will inevitably cause the gree to dominate.  There are and endless variety of ways to experiment in correcting for this during processing but there is a lot of trial and error.  Here is a link which may prove useful Bob Franke narrowband HST

Hi Martin, thanks and thanks for the link. I will have to study it when I get home. 

59 minutes ago, MartinB said:

Plenty of great detail there and I like the way to centre glows.  You've used the Hubble palate which, without heavy work in the processing will inevitably cause the gree to dominate.  There are and endless variety of ways to experiment in correcting for this during processing but there is a lot of trial and error.  Here is a link which may prove useful Bob Franke narrowband HST

1 hour ago, simmo39 said:

And here is another go, I have tried to get rid of the gren hue from the start. Not sure if its any bett

Here is a crop.

I liked the originals, but really like and prefer this latest revision. More appealing colours to me and the crop is great too. I guess you can play about with the colours and produce all sorts of versions with this type of data? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, geeklee said:

I liked the originals, but really like and prefer this latest revision. More appealing colours to me and the crop is great too. I guess you can play about with the colours and produce all sorts of versions with this type of data? 

Hi and thanks, Yep you play around and get all colours including ones I cant see on my pooter screen. Lol.

Edited by simmo39

Great images with lots of detail.  I presume your colour combination was SHO to RGB.  With a predominance of Ha in most DSOs this does lead to a lot of green.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Gina said:

Great images with lots of detail.  I presume your colour combination was SHO to RGB.  With a predominance of Ha in most DSOs this does lead to a lot of green.

Hi Gina and thanks, yep Sho to rgb. I seem to have problems with notseeing green.

49 minutes ago, carastro said:

Great work, I like the more recent versions with less green.

Carole 

Thanks Carole.

Great image - lots of detail! I did the heart last year in SHO and same problems with green dominating. No question all the green is a bit yucky looking, but from a data point of view it does "tell it like it is".

Yours stars are nice and small - wondering what filters you use? My Ha are small but OIII less so. 

Also - how did you get the starless version if you don't mind me asking? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tommohawk said:

Great image - lots of detail! I did the heart last year in SHO and same problems with green dominating. No question all the green is a bit yucky looking, but from a data point of view it does "tell it like it is".

Yours stars are nice and small - wondering what filters you use? My Ha are small but OIII less so. 

Also - how did you get the starless version if you don't mind me asking? 

Hi Tom, Thank you, The starless version was done i PI using starnet. Vert good process that is good also for making star masks.