Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sharpcap plate solving

Having watched plate solving in action I want to give it a go but I have a question regarding connectivity.

I use Charles Du Ciel and Sharpcap pro. My question is can I connect the mount via EQMOD to both Sharpcap and CDC at the same time if both software's are open and running on the same laptop? I am looking download an image from my ASI1600, plate solve using Astro Tortilla and have CDC update its position.

10 minutes ago, Tomatobro said:

Having watched plate solving in action I want to give it a go but I have a question regarding connectivity.

I use Charles Du Ciel and Sharpcap pro. My question is can I connect the mount via EQMOD to both Sharpcap and CDC at the same time if both software's are open and running on the same laptop? I am looking download an image from my ASI1600, plate solve using Astro Tortilla and have CDC update its position.

Hi

Yes, no problem - that's what Ascom is for :). You just need to complete the appropriate SharpCap hardware settings. If you already have Astrotortilla and required index files installed, SharpCap seems to recognise that and does the plate solving on request. It doesn't seem to open Astrotortlla in order to work - it's all done from the SharpCap interface. You can set it to auto access the mount via Eqmod on startup. However, you need the mount powered up and connected.

HTH

Louise

ps yes, Cartes du Ciel or Stellarium are better than Charles du Ciel :D 

Edited by Thalestris24
  • Like 2