Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My last Arp. Arp 192.

Mike JW

My Arp journey began back in February 2019. I hoped to be able to complete the challenge using EAA in a year. Last night (actually this morning) I visited the final few. There are 8 of them I cannot see from my site in GB. I plan to re-visit a few and no doubt when others post their results I will be prompted to take another look. Some of my results have been rubbish. It has been a wonderful journey.

What next. I quite fancy the Thin Flat galaxies. About 140 are within reach of my site. Dare I start the VV galaxies - well over a thousand are doable for me. Thanks to Martin for the inspiration for both these possibilities.

Arp 192 - NGC 3303 in Leo

It is two interacting spiral galaxies with a huge tidal spray. About 300 million lyrs away.

C11 @ f6.3,  22 x 10sec subs. Cleaned up in photoshop and I blurred the galaxy to give a more natural look. As is often the case in GB humidity was over 90%.

Mike

Arp_192_NGC.3303_2019_12.30_03_11_37.png.9915556d95a0f6e8710e29912f708cd4.png

• Like 7

Good shot. The nucleus of this galaxy seems double, probably a superimposed star of our galaxy? Arp doesn't mention it.

You have captured it very well, you can even appreciate a little the faint filaments to the E that appears as a challenge in this observation

Crikey that is a very impressive achievement Mike, nice to know there is a library of ‘reference’ ARP EAA images to refer to in the future. I wonder if there is a way to group all your ARP captures together in a single library? 

Edited by RobertI

Rob, I had wondered the same. I have used this link which is very professionally produced and imaged - http://images.mantrapskies.com/search.

I have put my efforts into my own document which includes my original, and the cropped image, a few notes and a cropped version from the link above. My efforts are of course a record using the EAA technique.

Mike

• Like 1

Congrats with that achievement. Especially considering the UK weather.

Last year I was also trying to image the "ARP galaxies".

Up to now I have recorded 207 of them.

Regrettable since mid September the weather in Belgium was not collaborating.

10 hours ago, roelb said:

Last year I was also trying to image the "ARP galaxies".

Up to now I have recorded 207 of them.

Do you have 207 Arp galaxies photographed?

It's fantastic, I'm looking forward to seeing your results, post them here, please ..