NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Rowan AZ100 Mount Owners Thread

johninderby

For you use case of an NVD and I presume you are using a reducer for the C8 to get a little more speed (F7?) then the Y axis adapter is a must have to balance the scope. If you get this then the altitude adjustor (to make a pair of scopes point to the same position) is not of any use.

The YAB is so good I have it on an AZ75 and AZ100. See it in action here, the scope with a NVD attached also has a reducer mounted internally to the FT3545 and is tail heavy.

IMG_8130.thumb.jpeg.aae60654c573f7fea2fb218b779d9f7c.jpeg

• Like 1

Deadlake. 

Thank you for the clarification on the balance with heavy EPs & NV that was one of my major concerns. If I understand you correctly, you are recommending the y axis adapter but Not the altitude adjuster. 

Appreciated, 

Girt

• Like 1

19 hours ago, GirtAllerton said:

Deadlake. 

Thank you for the clarification on the balance with heavy EPs & NV that was one of my major concerns. If I understand you correctly, you are recommending the y axis adapter but Not the altitude adjuster. 

Appreciated, 

Girt

If your scopes are tail heavy then yes, the Y axis adapter makes a large difference....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got the Y adapter finally, but the supplied screws and instructions got me confused.

Originally, my DV saddle was attached to the right side via 4 M6x12 screws.

Now Y balance plate comes with three sets of screws: M6x16, M6x25 and M8x16.

Instructions state to attachbalancing plate via one of the x16 screws set, but screws do not go all the way in, plate is loose (pics attached). Is it because I am mounting on the right side?

I will readily admit that I am not the brightest bulb out there, but Rowan instructions left me a bit confused more often than not...

Should I use x12 screws? Is the right hand side fitted with shallower holes?

photo_2024-05-23_19-39-22.jpg

photo_2024-05-23_19-39-12.jpg

@BGazing I’m away from home at the moment but if I recall correctly:

My Y balancer is on the left but I should think that you would reuse the existing saddle brackets to mount if not using any spacer (it is after all just a larger modded saddle albeit with the same depth).

The longer screws are used to attach the saddle to the balancer if you did not purchase the optional knob set.

I’m sure @Dek Rowan Astro could answer definitively.

Edited by ST_Steve