Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Copernicus - Smaller / Sharper - 7th December 2008

jamesFSO

Copernicus really is one crater you either get right or wrong, its easy to over sharper and hard to keep it sharp but natural.

I did a 1.5 / 2.5 / 3x with the barlow and experimented on what i felt were the most natural combination. I believe i have the correct settings now.

My best image yet :mrgreen:

I personally perfer a smaller sharper image, so thought i'd post.

Same details as the larger version.

post-14411-133877351263_thumb.jpg

Amazing is an understatement, that is the best I've seen beautiful misty darker tones on the left.

I just cannot stop staring that means it is perfect, everywhere my eye goes is on this image my mouth opens wider. :salute: :salute:

That's a sumptous picture of Copernicus.

I couldn't agree with you more about having smaller, sharper and more natural looking image. The exception to this rule is when I'm trying to either resolve very small features (i.e. the individual cratelets in Catena Davy or in the floor of Plato) or when trying to show off a low contrast feature such as many dome volcanoes.

Archived