Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sharpcap Stuck 'Detecting Cameras'

Stub Mandrel

1 hour ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Help! Sharpcap is eternally stuck 'detecting cameras'.

ASI1600 shows in device manager and works with ASICAP

Any ideas @rwg?

Thanks!

Hi Neil

I don't know why SharpCap would be stuck but what frame rate are you trying to run at - lower might be better. I remember I had problems trying to run my qhy183m but using the Ascom driver worked (even though SharpCap moaned). Have you got the latest version of SharpCap installed?

Louise

ps isn't ASICAP for Android? Maybe you have a usb problem?

Edited by Thalestris24

For some reason, the ASI 1600, sometimes 'goes to sleep' where all you get out of it is a blank\black screen.

There's a thread on SGPro forum discussing the issue, but the jist is that others have seen the problem & the best way to fix it is to open the camera in ASICap which for some reason appears to re-set it. 

Hi,

The problem isn't the camera freezing - I'm used to that with my ASI120, it's Sharpcap failing to detect it at all.

ASICAP, the ZWO software has no problems and allows me to control the cam. So it's a Sharpcap issue. This is what I see (Ignore the ASI120 and Toupcam, it just maintains placeholders for directshow cameras used in the past, their 'proper' drivers appear when connected):

image.png.003dc52a9064875f994989263362af21.png

image.png.76c6f39365cf5f48fcb58d87fbd457c4.png

For comparison, if I plug in the Toupcam instead (it shows as GPCAMAR0130M):

image.png.4a89e17b1b87808da5d95e2ca69ed705.png

19 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

This is testing on my PC (as debugging on my laptop is horrible with the nasty keyboard)

I haven't got ASCOM on the PC, so downloading that, although not having it doesn't affect other cameras.

Hi Neil

Shame you haven't got Ascom. I found some other complaints about SharpCap not recognizing the asi1600. It relates to v2.9 and 3.0 have you got the latest v3.2.6137?

Louise

11 minutes ago, Thalestris24 said:

Hi Neil

Shame you haven't got Ascom. I found some other complaints about SharpCap not recognizing the asi1600. It relates to v2.9 and 3.0 have you got the latest v3.2.6137?

Louise

Good point. The lappy has the latest version of Sharpcap Pro.

Oh goodie! I can use my licence on both computers 🙂

Edited by Stub Mandrel