Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Kelling star trails.

Most of my attempts to get some motion photos have been thwarted by the weather. I managed to grab this one last month at the Kelling star party and now I've run out of time to do more ! I have a half finished timelapse but that must wait.

It's 120 x 30 seconds and produced in Sequator. This has become my favorite bit of software and does almost everything well. It has a star trail feature that seems to work as well as, or even better than, the long established software.

Nikon Z6 and Sigma 14mm lens runnimng at f 1.8, ISO 1600.

Dave.

Sequator 120 motion.jpg

Edited by davew
  • Like 14

13 hours ago, Rich1980 said:

That is great, agree on the reflection too. Might take my camera out tomorrow and get some star trails. Thanks for the inspiration. 

I hope you can get out.

I tend to do my star trails with the same exposure time as a single exposure. That way I can make a timelapse as well if I want. If you increase exposure times then timelapses are out but you may get more star colour and better foreground. Choices choices :) I then tend to do at least an hour and often more. You can always leave subs out but can't add them afterwards.

Dave.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, davew said:

I hope you can get out.

I tend to do my star trails with the same exposure time as a single exposure. That way I can make a timelapse as well if I want. If you increase exposure times then timelapses are out but you may get more star colour and better foreground. Choices choices :) I then tend to do at least an hour and often more. You can always leave subs out but can't add them afterwards.

Dave.

I'm definitely out tonight for a few hours so watch this space. Thanks for the tips. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rich1980 said:

I'm definitely out tonight for a few hours so watch this space. Thanks for the tips. 

It just occurred to me Rich, today is the last day of posting to this challenge so if you did a bit last night then get it in quick :)

14 hours ago, Nigella Bryant said:

Yeah, love the reflection in the water. Brilliant, well done and thanks for sharing. 

Thanks Nigella. 

On 30/11/2019 at 13:37, davew said:

It just occurred to me Rich, today is the last day of posting to this challenge so if you did a bit last night then get it in quick :)

Ah sadly not Dave, had a nightmare and took the wrong cable so I couldn't do any star trails sadly. 

Running the camera would've been a bonus to be out with the scope so not all was lost. 

• Sad 1