Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NEW ZWO ASI 533MC-PRO

FLO

The NEW ZWO ASI 533MC-PRO camera is now available to buy at FLO 🙂 

Features Sony’s latest 1" square, 9.07MP back-illuminated IMX533 sensor with 3.76 um pixels.

Also features zero amp glow, very low read out noise (as low as 1.0e) and an improved 2 stage TEC cooler. 

Our first delivery will arrive in only one week.

zwo_asi533mc-pro_1.jpg

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Dinglem said:

@FLO am I missing something to do with taxes but why are the prices in the USA the same in dollars as the pound over here? Or has sterling fallen that much 🤔

Not always, if you look at most Skywatcher prices you will find that they are actually cheaper in the UK, also be aware quoted prices in the USA do not usually include local sales tax, whereas UK prices usually include VAT @ 20%.

John 

35 minutes ago, Dinglem said:

@FLO am I missing something to do with taxes but why are the prices in the USA the same in dollars as the pound over here? Or has sterling fallen that much 🤔

The UK retail price is based on ZWO's $ price so depends to a large extent on the $-£ exchange-rate + UK Import Duty + UK VAT. Plus of course the cost of delivery China-UK. 

ZWO's price is currently $899, which at todays exchange-rate, plus Import Duty & VAT, is £874. Our price at £885 is only £11 higher to cover cost of delivery and Customs charges. 

The $-£ exchange-rate does of course vary so the sum might be a little higher/lower depending on when you do the maths. 

HTH, 

Steve 

• Like 1

@Dinglem Speaking as I own an import company you need to take into consideration not just the taxes and the duty but the freight costs and customs clearance charges, it all adds up quite significantly.

We always state on every quotation: -

Duty is calculated at the cost of the item+ the Ocean Freight + Any Collection Charge + Fees + Insurance, then multiplied by the rate.

VAT is calculated by adding the above total figure plus the amount duty, then multiplying by the relevant rate of VAT.

So HMRC certainly get their blood money.

3 minutes ago, johnturley said:

Not always, if you look at most Skywatcher prices you will find that they are actually cheaper in the UK, also be aware quoted prices in the USA do not usually include local sales tax, whereas UK prices usually include VAT @ 20%.

John 

Absolutely. What he said ^ 

Sky-Watcher retail prices in the UK are extraordinarily low. And people still ask for discount 🥴 

Steve 

3 minutes ago, Jkulin said:

@Dinglem Speaking as I own an import company you need to take into consideration not just the taxes and the duty but the freight costs and customs clearance charges, it all adds up quite significantly.

We always state on every quotation: -

Duty is calculated at the cost of the item+ the Ocean Freight + Any Collection Charge + Fees + Insurance, then multiplied by the rate.

VAT is calculated by adding the above total figure plus the amount duty, then multiplying by the relevant rate of VAT.

So HMRC certainly get their blood money.

I understand all that but these are produced in China so won't importing them into the USA also incur similar charges?

• Like 1

Just now, FLO said:

The Queen has Corgis to feed 

They must be bloody massive Corgis Steve😂

1 minute ago, Dinglem said:

I understand all that but these are produced in China so won't importing them into the USA also incur similar charges?

It all depends as that is what Trump has been banging on about the the US allowed Chinese goods in at very low tax rates, yet the Chinese applied massive rates on US imported goods.

I've just run the figures through Astronomy Tools using my TS 80mm f/4.4 and it looks an interesting match. Slightly large pixel scale at 2.2"pp but not too bad for a short focus / wide FoV. Would get all of M31, M42 and Running Man, and Markarian's Chain with M87 plus a couple of others.

Damn. see my sig :( .

Edited by DaveS
Capitals, dur...
  • Like 1

what FL is your 80mm scope ? I certainly can't get M42 and Running Man in my 430mm Z73.

edit - actually i can, must have been thinking of another camera. 

Edited by smr