Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Double Cluster - Samyang 135mm

I really like this image Steve, and I like @Laurin Dave's idea of a mosaic to include the Heart & Soul.

I am really interested to see the results other people obtain with the Samyang 135mm and in particular star shapes at the extremities of the image.

Next time we get a clear night (in my dreams) mine is ready to go with my Atik414osc alongside my Canon 200mm and ASI1600. I'm hoping to catch Lum and/or NB with the 200/1600 and RGB with the 135/414 and play at combining the two.

Thanks for sharing.

Adrian

• Like 1

I am doing a mosaic of the whole constellation of Auriga which abounds in clusters and nebulosity.

I really like the Double Cluster.  It's a fascinating area of the sky, looking straight out into the Perseus Arm of our galaxy.  The DC is very distant, about 7500 light years.  Were it at the distance of the Pleiades it would dominate the night sky.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, kirkster501 said:

I am doing a mosaic of the whole constellation of Auriga which abounds in clusters and nebulosity.

I really like the Double Cluster.  It's a fascinating area of the sky, looking straight out into the Perseus Arm of our galaxy.  The DC is very distant, about 7500 light years.  Were it at the distance of the Pleiades it would dominate the night sky.

Look forward to it Steve

• Like 1