NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Question using Quark with lunt

Nigella Bryant

1 hour ago, Peter Drew said:

Apparently yes, some users are doing so according to the "Solarchat" forum. I would imagine the visual view would be rather dim.        🙂

I thought there'd be no issues apart from brightness. Do you know of any specific posts? Do I just Google "solar chat forum?" many thanks. 

Yes it is possible.  I tried it with my Lunt 60 in imaging conditions.  The problem I had was focusing the extremely dim image.  I would imagine viewing under such conditions is impossible.  The inbuilt 4.2x of the Quark is difficult to work around under UK seeing conditions.

• Thanks 1

I’m curious to understand how others might have managed it too Nigella. Remember reading on Solarchat about someone new to solar ha claiming that he got excellent visual results from a Quark and LS50. Then there was a long explanation by Jen Winters - the owner of Daystar - why double stacking Quarks was not recommended - worth seeking out but clearly hasn’t stopped lots of people trying it. 

16 hours ago, Highburymark said:

I found it hopelessly dim with my LS60 sadly - not even close to forming a visible image. 

Another case of not all Quarks being equal, having tried a few this is very apparent when imaging as the required fps/gain etc is wildly different to achieve the same image.

Dave