Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cygnus Area WF

Hi Guys,

Visited the inlaws in Ireland a couple of weeks ago, and managed to get a nights stargazing in from a lovely dark site, took a few snaps and here's one for your perusal, a few stars and a little of the milky way. Single frame of 240 seconds at 800 ISO, Canon 20D with 17-40mm f4'L' lens at 17mm f4 on a good old EQ5.

Hope you enjoy, comments most welcome.

Alan.

post-12879-133877350954_thumb.jpg

This is a wonderful image of a part of our own galaxy, and I love it. It's as though someone has strewn salt over a Black velvet sheet. It just leaves me gobsmacked to see the immense star population of part of one galaxy. I'm humbled.

It is a superb image Alan.

Ron. :thumbright:

Thanks for the comments guys.

Yes the skies are very very dark, I managed to get setup just as the sun was setting as I know from previous experience trying to polar align in the dark with so many stars is sooooooo difficult. When darkness fell properly for quite a few minutes I did nothing but stand there gazing around looking at the milky way spreading from one side of the sky to the other, quite breathtaking, I couldn't get over how easily the double cluster was visible and M31 was VERY easy to spot. I took a few shots with my 8mm fisheye lens that show the milky way quite well will dig those out later.

Cheers,

Alan.

Would love to live there and have that sky all the time !

Archived