NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A tale of two Veils

Stu

2 hours ago, domstar said:

Cheers. Hope my UHC holds up. Up at 1.40am to fly home from hols this morning. It's a gorgeous night but I've decided to chill with the wife. Part of me thinks I'm not hardcore enough 🙂.

It’s just a hobby. My wife and I have a date night every Saturday come clouds or clear skies. I’m sure it was who you said “Astronomy over TV. People over Astronomy.” I thought that was as near a perfect guide as I ever heard :) 

Edited by Littleguy80
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, niallk said:

Fabulous report @Stu - a great read :)

The 14" Alkaid is the job - so compact in the car!  And that silhouette of you with the dob against the Milky Way deserves a big print in a frame on the wall ;)

That got me thinking that it would make a great photo for an Astro calendar. Do FLO produce an annual calendar? We certainly see enough amazing images posted on here to make the most amazing calendar, or even a wonderful "coffee table" book. 

Are you listening FLO?

• Like 1

Epic report - this could go straight into an astronomy magazine and not be out of place.

I am jealous of how much gear you managed to pack into the car, on my holiday all I could take was a 50mm monocular, but on the other hand I got two late night observing passes compared to your one! 😀

• Haha 2