Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Just can't decide.

GlenM

I have been trawling the internet for weeks and weeks to no avail. I am constantly on astronomytools but still can't decide between a modded EOS 200D DSLR or a ZWO 224C. I know EAA is in my future, but...

Glen.

Can the 200d be modded ?? and have you found anyone to do it ?..... 

At least with the 224C you know that it will work with all the available Astro software and is designed & manufactured for the job.....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GlenM said:

I have been trawling the internet for weeks and weeks to no avail. I am constantly on astronomytools but still can't decide between a modded EOS 200D DSLR or a ZWO 224C. I know EAA is in my future, but...

Glen.

What scope and mount do you use and what do you want to image?

20 hours ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

Can the 200d be modded ?? and have you found anyone to do it ?..... 

At least with the 224C you know that it will work with all the available Astro software and is designed & manufactured for the job.....

Yes the 200D is available modded. I know what you mean about the chip in the 224. Paralysis by analysis at the moment.

Glen.

11 hours ago, Adam J said:

What scope and mount do you use and what do you want to image?

I have a Borg 77ED II and the new Sharpstar 61 EDPH with reducer flattener. the mount is a iOptron AZ Pro. I know it's not perfect for long exposure, but I was looking at short exposure on a easy set up mount.

Glen.

Does anyone know the flange depth of ZWO cameras. Does it work the same as DSLR's? Do ZWO cameras have different flange depths? sorry for the silly questions I'm just a bit new at the photographic side of astronomy.

Glen.