Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Chris Kraft dies aged 95

Stu

Sad to read this on the BBC today. A ripe old age, and I'm pleased he made it to the 50 year anniversary of the first landing. I read about him in 'Failure is not an option', the Gene Krantz book. One of the key figures in getting to the Moon as first director of NASA.

BBC News - Chris Kraft: Key Apollo 11 director dies days after anniversary
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49082897

Sad to hear about Chris Kraft passing away. 

Many years ago in the very early days of NASA he shared an office with my father. Don’t remember him that well as I was just a little kid at the time but do remember he was afraid of our German sheppard when he came over for dinner.

Never knew exactly what they were working on but suspect it was more on the military side as my father had to have top level military security clearance as aell as FBI clearance. 

Weather was too hot for my mum though and the doctor advised her health was at risk so we left. Thoughts of what might have been.

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 5