NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M81, 82, NGC 2976

thing

Took this last week but just got round to finishing it off. Tried to bag all three in the same FOV but got pounced on by cloud early on in the run. Potential there for a longer run some time in the future I thought.

10577_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Well done, quite a challenge to get all three in the FOV at once (you must have been fiddling a lot with camera orientation). Nice amount of detail showing already in your image, but hopefully the clouds :) will leave you be, for long enough to get that extra data! Longer exposures maybe?

Thanks chaps, it was more luck than anything, I'd seen the NGC on Starry Night and wondered if i could fit all three into the frame, I juggled with the orientation, I knew I had 81 and 82 in the bottom of the frame so just trusted to look that I had all three in there and set the camera rolling. I know now that it can be done, I just need some good weather :)

Archived