Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Hello!

Today we published first release candidate to version 0.19.1 - please help us testing Stellarium!

List of changes between version 0.19.0 and master (0.19.0.16926/0.19.1RC1):
- Added allow to search an inactive meteor showers in Search Tool/Lists tool
- Added 'Azimuth vs. Time' graph into AstroCalc/Graphs tool
- Added feature to show tracks for latest several selected planets (GH: #539)
- Added calculation and showing the orbital period for artificial satellites
- Added revolutions per day info for artificial satellites
- Added tools for jumping to the next or previous time of rising, transit or setting for selected object (GH: #484)
- Added new behavoir for AstroCalc/Graphs when clicking within graph area now sets current time.
- Fixed issue in script 'Mercury Triple Sunrise and Sunset'
- Fixed crash of Stellarium for eyepieces with permanent crosshair
- Fixed Stellarium crash when Remote Control plugin is working
- Fixed computation of assume radius for minor planets.
- Fixed the issue of the scrolling not working properly on Mac (GH: #393)
- Fixed crash in Scripting Engine (Hide artificial satellites through StelProperties in core.clear() method to avoid crash if plugin was didn't loaded)
- Fixed planetarium crash in HiPS (network manager delete problem)
- Fixed position problems on the Poles (GH: #391)
- Fixed scaling Telrad sign on HighDPI monitors
- Fixed surface occlusion bug even with landscape turned off in scripting engine (GH: #680)
- Fixed building with cmake -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON (GH: #683)
- Fixed error in constellation file format (Babylonian)
- Fixed Europe/Volgograd time zone settings (GH: #686)
- Fixed HiPS handling of allsky download (GH: #671)
- Fixed progress bar rendering (GH: #671)
- Fixed positive declinations issue in AstroCalc tool when option 'Use decimal degrees' is enabled (GH: #690)
- Fixed file names inconsistency
- Fixed constellation line in "Japanese Moon Stations" skyculture
- Fixed file name for constellation boundaries in Stellarium User Guide
- Fixed the user interface problems in Oculars plug-in (GH: #580)
- Fixed getting the wrong values in objects/info method for selected object for different formats (Remote Control plugin)
- Fixed refresh plots when AstroCalc dialog becomes visible again (AstroCalc/Graphs tool)
- Fixed jquery vulnerability (GH: #694)
- Fixed date and time dialog behaviour: Hour/Minute/Second spinners now correctly trigger signals dateChanged(), dateChangedByYear and dateChangedForMonth() when days, months or years are affected by it.
- Fixed update graphs in AstroCalc/Graphs tool when days change
- Updated planetary nomenclature
- Updated common names of stars and DSO's
- Updated cmake rules for Windows deployment
- Updated DSO textures
- Updated behaviour of HiPS survey if Stellarium started without network (GH: #681)
- Updated GUI for ArchaeoLines plugin (GH: #689, #682)
- Updated default pulsars catalog (v1.60)
- Updated list of asterisms
- Excluded Armintxe skyculture and landscape from default package

Download link: https://github.com/Stellarium/stellarium-data/releases/tag/beta

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, bottletopburly said:

@alexwolfDo you think stellarium scope will ever be integrated into stellarium  

I don't know.

On 15/06/2019 at 17:50, alexwolf said:

jumping to the next or previous time of rising, transit or setting for selected object

Now that is nice! 

I'll download RC 0.19.1 immediately and see if I can find out how this works.

Edit:

I can't find an .exe or .msi. Just ...

Stellarium-0.19.0.16932-x86_64.AppImage
     Stellarium-0.19.0.16932.dmg
     Source code(zip)
     Source code(tar.gz)

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Edited by Ruud

Today we published second release candidate - with AstroCalc optimizations and small changes in GUI. Please help us testing ANGLE mode on Windows.

Ah, two more downloadables have appeared in the assets list. So now I found stellarium-0.19.0.16932-win64.exe

I'll let you know if I run into any issues.

Seems to be working well - I took the opportunity to finally break out Photoshop and tidy up one of my Ricoh Theta S photos for where I plan to put my observatory for use in Stellarium. The user guide (unpublished? https://github.com/Stellarium/stellarium/blob/master/guide/ch_landscapes.tex ) has some good guidance. Seems to work well!

stellarium-004.thumb.png.37bf1b308e725cba8b7b564962b7a6a4.png

stellarium-002.thumb.png.7804b116ade0419effaa70d2241bc964.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By pete_81
      Hi guys,
      With new mount and upgraded scope features, now looking to venture into imaging.
      Before I start, I'm not looking to get feedback on polar alignment, mono guidecam, better imaging cameras, etc; this is more a 'dummies guide' setup discussion! I'm not expecting to get great images at this stage, just more the options available, getting over some issues, so that I can jump outside on a clear night with an ideal, foolproof(!), setup for either imaging or visual as time would permit and what may work best for me. As you may guess from the topic name, I'm a mac user (Macbook Pro) and would rather keep to this if possible (whilst I do have Windows (and Ubuntu) via parallels, I'd rather not use these).
      I've got a setup which has worked well for visual, and obviously want to have a couple of 'staple' setups that I can use depending on expectations of night observing or imaging. So far, the best one for me has been the Skywatcher Wifi Synscan controller, which has worked a treat with my Android phone - I use the Synscan app to complete alignment and GOTO stars/planets/DSO etc, or Stellarium_plus after completing alignment. This removes the need for the Synscan Handset and any USB cables to the mount altogether. But I don't know if this will work for guiding.
      That then brings me to my issue on mac - connecting USB(A) between Macbook and Handset, I've attempted to control the mount through Stellarium. Trying each of the available connections (/dev/tty.usbsetial-1420, /dev/cu.usbsetial-1420, and just for sake of it, the /dev/tty.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port and /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port) in the dropdown menu under DeviceSettings/SerialPort, I cannot get the mount to connect (well, more like selecting the telescope and clicking the "Start" on the TelescopeControl just results in the spinning icon and I have to Force-Quit Stellarium and start again with the same result each time. Annoyingly (for fellow mac users!), Parallels/Windows/Stellarium connects and controls the mount fine! As the mount is the newer "pro" type, I also have a USB connection directly under the hand-controller RJ45 and AutoGuider ST4 sockets, but using this still results in the same issue. Another issue I have seen is that when I unplug the USB from the computer when connected to the handset, the date on the controller jumps significantly - for example, last night at ~23:30, I was transported through the local wormhole galaxy to Jan 2048 according to Synscan! Obviously unplugging isn't going to happen during a genuine session, but just wondering if this is a possible issue somewhere?!
      Any other mac users connecting USB directly to the SW 'Pro' mounts?
      Software wise, would folks generally suggest steering away from Stellarium towards KStars or SkySafari(Plus) for controlling the mount?
      Can the Wifi dongle be used for controlling mount from computer (any OS) or do I need to go USB either to handset or directly to mount?
      Is there an issue in using Mac USB to the telescope compared to 'straight' Windows (i.e. PC/laptop with Windows instead of virtual)?
      Anyway, back to topic... I've a Nikon DSLR to use for primary camera at this stage, which would be triggered independently from guiding software. PHD2 is my hopeful choice of guiding software (is EKOS with KStars similar?), with T7C guide-camera on 240mm f/4 guidescope, and at this stage, I can confirm PHD2 at least connects to the camera on OS-X. There is an ST4 port on the camera, but having read several topics, I think I want to pulse-guide directly - is this correct or is ST4 best for this setup? This sorta comes back to software and connections - my understanding is one of the following cable setups for guiding (as a minimum) :
      Guiding-camera => USB(A) => Macbook => PHD2 => USB(A) => SynscanHandset => AZEQ6
      Guiding-camera => USB(A) => Macbook => PHD2 => USB(A) => AZEQ6
      Guiding-camera => USB(A) => Macbook => PHD2 => Wifi => SynscaWifi Adapter on AZEQ6
      [using ST4: ST4_on_AZEQ6 => Guiding-camera => USB(A) => Macbook => PHD2] (no additional connections needed if ST4 is used)
      Additionally, I'd like to use an observatory package, say Stellarium/KStars/SkySafari, to select objects and drive the mount, then use guiding software to keep good 'tracking'.
      Where in this train does EQMac fit in, or when is it used?
      What about the 2019 addition to EQMod (ASCOM Alpaca)? Can this be used or is it already in other packages?!
      For Windows users, how does EQMod fit in (if I go down route of getting Windows laptop for controlling things, is the setup similar to above?
      There may be bits in the above that repeat, and for that, I'm sorry, just want to get across the message that I'm new to the guiding but haven't quite settled down into the software/hardware I'm expecting to use for 'goto' and 'guiding'
      TLDR:
      For a mac user, what setup and software are folks using for guiding and observatory softwares for the newer USB-on-mount 'AZEQ6/EQ6-R Pro' mounts from SW?
    • By Slingshot
      Hi - I'm a new member of this great forum and a complete beginner. I would be grateful for ideas or suggestions if you have time please. 
      Last night at around 2230hrs i was laying on my back garden in the moist grass gazing up at the night sky. Clear skies North and South but cloudy in the East, Patchy West. No telescope, just my mug of tea and a blanket. I have always known where North is since a young lad. Find the Plough, top and last star of the saucepan and follow in a straight line for 6 thumbs and there is the North star. Great. Then, as i looked at it with my new eyes as a new budding novice, it suddenly dawned on me.
      Like most of us on this planet we all look at our night sky, think how beautiful it is, be humbled, thankful, in awe, spiritual, emotional and so on, then go about our business. But not now! Now I am looking up with deranged eyes and mind, thinking i have not a clue about any of this wonderous sight before me. I have no names, no vocabulary, no maps, no idea of where to start and no plan at all. So far i have been looking at equipment needed to get started, which in itself was overwhelming, but made a choice and picked out my telescope. And indeed some members here, have kindly said i made a decent choice to start with.......
      As it got gradually darker (and colder) the stars got brighter. So i picked out a line from the middle of the Plough and followed if by about 13 thumbs (sorry for the boyhood terms) and found a big bright star and below that, by half a thumb, a collection of faint stars which i could see better by averting my gaze. It dawned on me again. I cant be doing this all night without any clue of technical knowledge. Bewildered, I stood up and looked toward the South West and saw what i know to be Jupiter and i think Saturn (fainter). This again brought it home just how little i know and just how much learning is needed just to get going.
      I went inside and on my PC ( i dont have an i -phone or android tablet ) and found Stellarium. Looked at the online sample, stuck in my location and upcame a northerly view of what i had been looking at. I found the names to my delight and ran outside to try and match up what i had seen. But it took at least 10 minutes before my eyes got used to the dark again. Then identified said bright star as Arcturas and below that faint collection as Gaia. ( i think ) Cocker hoop, i ran back inside and looked again at the PC for more names. This went on for about an hour or so. I felt elated at finding the star called Dubhe which was my boyhood top of saucepan star and on to Polaris. Back to Ursa major across again to Arcturas and below that Gaia, carefully usig my thumb to get the right measure. I couldn't see capalla coz of cloud to the east.
      Back inside I thought just how do other people do this. 
      Hence this message. I need to work out a plan, what are the right maps, is Stellarium good start or something similar. What hard copy maps and best beginners books? Is it a good idea to pick up a small bit of sky, and work outwards from that, then when comfortable, move on to other directions. Or do I pick out known objects, like the Moon and other near planets and go from there. Or do I do a bit of everything bit by bit.? 
      What is the best way of logging my progress? And many more questions..... Sorry for length of this topic matter, if I have made mistakes with names and if the questions asked are basic.
      I would be grateful for your thoughts and advice - thanks a million.
      Garry
    • By deflatedfruit
      I'm trying to set up Stellarium with my cameras (Canon EOS 1300D and a Canon EOS 2000D) and my telescope (Celestron NexStar 127SLT). I think I've found the correct values for everything like focal length and sensor size etc... but the FoV in Stellarium it is different to what I actually see. I've attached screenshots of the settings, as well as the predicted image and an image I captured using the EOS 1300D and the Celestron NexStar 127SLT (it's not very good, I know).
      Any help would be much appreciated. (And I apologise if I've posted this in the wrong place - I'm new)

• By alexwolf
      Today we published a fresh weekly snapshot of Stellarium (v0.20.2.18140): https://github.com/Stellarium/stellarium-data/releases/tag/beta
      And we need some feedback from users. At the moment we need to know your opinion about changes in 2 plugins - Satellites and Oculars. Of course we'll accept your opinion about changes in other parts of the planetarium too, but those 2 plugins in our focus.
      Thanks for your attention and testing.
    • By RobertK
      I've always used the web version, but since I got the telescope I decided to install the full desktop version. I managed to save my setup and eyepieces etc.
      Things that I unable to save and not sure whether I should be able to:
      - start in Windowed mode
      - fixed both settings and viewing bars bottom left corner
      - Object information - I set my 'Customised' options, but after relaunching the app they are lost_
      - basic stuff like date format, start-up time (default to 10pm)
      - I think I can say that NONE of the Configuration [F2] settings save
      - Sky and viewing options window [F4] - NONE of the options changed here save between sessions
      The only thing that saves is .. my location.
      Am I missing a plugin, some sort of trick to save those, should I reinstall or does Stellarium simply not save these F2 and F4 settings between sessions?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.