Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Best I can do with bad data (M51 )

simmo39

After getting data and finding not the best Im always loathed just to dump it! so here is a poor go at M51. The main problem is in this thread:

Any help on ideas why its there would be helpfull. Any way to the main show. LRGB M 51 30 x 120s for RGB  and 58 x 120 L. Taken with ASI 1600 mm through my out of collimation SW 120 PDS ( Thats another problem! )

46870491485_015b4526ca_b.jpg

Not one of my best but at leastI pulled something out of the bag. Cant wait till the new season starts as Im not really a galaxy man.

Thanks for looking.

• Like 5

It's not an easy hobby. I've recently had about 6 hours of data messed up because of having my mirror clips too tight. I'll still use and put it up when I get the chance. It's worth it when it all comes together though.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, knobby said:

I really like it ! If you want some bad data I could show you my M81 from the 55 minute break in the clouds on Saturday ...

Thanks Knobby, think you are being very kind.

39 minutes ago, cuivenion said:

It's not an easy hobby. I've recently had about 6 hours of data messed up because of having my mirror clips too tight. I'll still use and put it up when I get the chance. It's worth it when it all comes together though.

No its not and you are right, when it does all come together its brilliant!

2 hours ago, Rodd said:

Looks good to me.  Very clear.

Rodd

2 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

You are too hard on yourself. That’s excellent. I like the colours! 

1 hour ago, carastro said:

I agree

I think you are all being very kind, but thank you.