Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Xiga

Markarian's Chain - 2 Subs! Lol

Back in early Feb I tried imaging Markarian's Chain, but after 2 subs I encountered guiding issues (a first for me) so had to give up. 

So just for kicks and giggles, I decided to process them! ? 

So this is 2 x 10mins. With the D5300, 80ED and HEQ5-Pro. 'Stacked' (if it's even right to use that term!) in APP, and processed in PS. Then reduced to 75% for posting. 

Why oh why oh why..... I honestly don't even know myself ?

577817281_MarkariansChain20Mins75.thumb.jpg.8174bc62286d32bfa497909372c4e865.jpg

• Like 11

That's come out remarkably well for only 2 subs.

Carole

• Like 1

20 minute image! Incredible processing skills comes to mind. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, carastro said:

That's come out remarkably well for only 2 subs.

Carole

27 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

20 minute image! Incredible processing skills comes to mind. 

Thanks Carole and Adam. It surprised me too I have to say. I was just messing around really, but decided the end result was worth posting, for whatever it's worth. 

Ps - I've just jumped onto the cooled Cmos bandwagon. Woo-hoo! I was initially intending on selling the D5300, but in hindsight I just don't think I can bring myself to sell it. It just keeps surprising me, so I think I'll hold onto it ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Xiga said:

Back in early Feb I tried imaging Markarian's Chain, but after 2 subs I encountered guiding issues (a first for me) so had to give up. 

So just for kicks and giggles, I decided to process them! ? 

So this is 2 x 10mins. With the D5300, 80ED and HEQ5-Pro. 'Stacked' (if it's even right to use that term!) in APP, and processed in PS. Then reduced to 75% for posting. 

Why oh why oh why..... I honestly don't even know myself ?

577817281_MarkariansChain20Mins75.thumb.jpg.8174bc62286d32bfa497909372c4e865.jpg

Like it very much indeed !

Remarkable.  I shot 10 hours and it doesn't compare to this.  Well Done

Rodd

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rodd said:

Remarkable.  I shot 10 hours and it doesn't compare to this.  Well Done

Rodd

Thanks Rodd. 

Although if it's ok with you I'll take your statement with a heavy dose of salt ? There's simply no way 20 mins with a DSLR could even compare to 10 hrs with a cooled astro cam! 

1 hour ago, Xiga said:

Thanks Rodd. 

Although if it's ok with you I'll take your statement with a heavy dose of salt ? There's simply no way 20 mins with a DSLR could even compare to 10 hrs with a cooled astro cam! 

Well, if skies are poor and the skill of the imager is not very high. It’s possible. That was a couple years ago. Sometimes images don’t come out particularly well.  Comparisons are hard. Bottom line....this is great for 2 subs with a dslr!

Rodd

• Like 1